It’s a few days into the fourth quarter of 2018 so here is my update on a goal I set for the year. As a refresher, I set out to run 1250 miles and to not use a treadmill. So far, I’m on track to accomplish one of those two goals.
Because it’s been a hectic quarter, I fell further off-track on the mileage goal. I know I won’t be able to reach the 1250 and will probably fall short of the miles I ran, in 2017, but I know I will not touch a treadmill of any sort.
Here are some highlights of Q3:
- 811 total miles 2018
- 252 Q3 miles
- July – 94 miles
- August – 81 miles
- September – 77 miles
- Ran two 5k’s
- Ran one 10k
- Logged miles in Illinois, Massachusetts, Washington, Tennessee, and Missouri
- Switched from ASICS to Hoka One One as my running shoe
- Broke out the reflective vest and flashlight as the sun rose later and later
- The aches and pains lingered longer
- Rejoiced when the 3rd quarter ended
- Excited for the fall running temperatures