I have been running consistently for about 7 years. What started as a little “Biggest Loser” contest at work, turned into a whole different purpose for me. So in the spirit of lists, I decided to tell you 12 reasons why I run. This is just the start of an ongoing list.
I run because:
- I am able.
- I am fortunate enough to have the physical ability to be able to run and I never know when that will continue.
- It clears my mind and to maintain some decent sense of mental health.
- I want to set an example for my girls that physical fitness is important and should be a staple in the daily routine.
- I broke my arm playing basketball 8 years ago and decided to trade the sneakers for some Asics.
- When I catch a glimpse of my shadow while running, I a baby giraffe trying to gallop, and I chuckle. I’m reminded not to take myself too seriously.
- I enjoy running with my local run club.
- I enjoy running alone.
- I wanted to raise money and awareness for the Danny Did Foundation and Epilepsy awareness. I ran 4 half marathons with Team Danny Did and the experience was incredible.
- It’s easy to do and relatively inexpensive to get started. Grab some shoes and go.
- What else would I tweet about, share on social, or write about?
- It sparks creativity and helps me work through problems and issues.
- I can see cities from different views when I visit them.
- I want to raise money and awareness for my nephew, Graham, and Prader-Willi Syndrome.
Why do you run?