I’ve been testing this Friday Five thing for a several weeks. My first intention was to share a simple tool for leaders to use to get a quick pulse of their team members and see where they can help. I thought it would be a good way, too, to share a little with you about what’s been going on with me and what I’m working on.
I’m not sure how much longer I’ll continue doing this. Not because I don’t want to share, it’s just I like to shake things up a bit and try new things. Who knows, maybe you’ll see this next week, maybe not!
Now on to this week’s Friday Five:
1. How are you doing on a scale of 1-10? (1 = can’t find a wall hard enough to hit with your head; 10 = rocking and rolling) 7. Getting back into the swing of work after a week of vacation isn’t always the best, but it has been a decent week, nonetheless. Collaborating with other teams to deliver some great content to our teams.
2. What are the couple of big things you’ll be tackling next week? After a couple of weeks hiatus, I’m looking forward to coming strong with some pancakes on Sunday. Got a few good ideas. Cubs home opener! Anyone have an extra ticket? Also, I need to find a half marathon to run in the next month or two. I try to run one in the spring and one in the fall. Finding one that doesn’t conflict with some of my weekend plans is proving to be a little difficult. Any ideas?
3. Any good ‘wins’ from last week you feel proud of – no matter how big or small? Had a great run at the Shamrock Shuffle, on Sunday. Not my fastest, but the weather was perfect and I felt great. The crowds and participants of this race are always so much fun and I really enjoy it even though there are over 20,000 runners.
4. Do you need any support / help with anything you expect to tackle next week? I’ve been looking into ways to be more efficient with writing and with the sharing of the content on this blog. I’m typically writing each post late in the evening and I’d like to find a sharing/scheduling tool to post throughout the day. What do you recommend?
5. How’s your bandwidth? (1 being I don’t have time to eat and 10 being I have nothing to do)? 4. See #4. While I really enjoy the writing every day, I’m not sure how sustainable this can be for me.
What are some things you are working on and how can I help you?