I have been on vacation this whole week and spent about 4 days in Nashville, Tennessee. While I will not bore you with all of the details of the vacation, I will recommend one attraction in Nashville. Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and take the RCA StudioB tour. This is well worth your price of admission for any music fan. Heck, if you’re not a music fan, still check it out. The whole city is great and there’s a lot to do for all ages.
While I try to get away from work while on PTO, I find that is not always a reality and it’s a choice, for me. Since this is the Spring Break edition, I won’t write about work, but I will have some stories to share in the coming weeks. Don’t worry, these won’t be about my vacation, just about some observations in relation to work during my vacation.
Now, onto the Friday Five:
1. How are you doing on a scale of 1-10? (1 = can’t find a wall hard enough to hit with your head; 10 = rocking and rolling) 10. Any week of vacation better be a rocking and rolling week. This week has been no exception. I was able to run a few times during vacation. Nashville is a great running city and I really enjoyed the sites in the mornings. I’m glad to get a few days back at home before heading back to the HR trenches, on Monday.
2. What are the couple of big things you’ll be tackling next week? Everything I put off before I left for vacation! Looking forward to getting back to some writing. I’m running the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle, on Sunday, so I’m really looking forward to my first race of the year. This is always one of my favorites because it was one of the first races I ever ran, back in 2009, and this was the start of the running “bug” for me.
3. Any good ‘wins’ from last week you feel proud of – no matter how big or small? I managed to eat every bit of “southern food” I could get my hands on and there was not a dish I didn’t like. If you get to Nashville, make your way to the Loveless Cafe. It’s well worth the wait and the biscuits are to die for, y’all!
4. Do you need any support / help from me with anything I expect to tackle next week? While I won’t be digging out of too much email, I could use a block of time to catch up and get back into the work groove
5. How’s your bandwidth? (1 being I don’t have time to eat and 10 being I have nothing to do)? 3. See number 4. April is going to be a fun one and I’m looking forward to some new routines.
What are some things you are working on and how can I help you?