I spent the past week in Atlanta with my colleagues for some training, planning, and a lot of learning. We are located in different markets in the U.S. and Canada and we typically get together about 4 times per year. A majority of the gatherings are in Seattle, but we get together in one of our markets, once per year. We’ve met in San Francisco and DC and, this time, Atlanta. I’m looking forward to the team coming to Chicago!
Each time we get together, we grow stronger as a team. Sure, we have our dysfunctions like any other team, but the amount of trust built up between all of us allows us to have healthy conflict and work through solutions. It’s been fun to be a part of a team that is growing and evolving and modeling what high performing teams look like.
Now, for my Friday Five. I’m going to adjust question #4 for blog post where I ask you for a little help on something I may be struggling with or need some input. At the end, let’s just call it “5 plus,” I’m going to ask if there is anything I can do for you. Deal?
1. How are you doing on a scale of 1-10? (1 = can’t find a wall hard enough to hit with your head; 10 = rocking and rolling) 8. After a tough previous week, it was good to be with my co-workers, in person. I also appreciate all of the support from those who reached out to offer a kind word or just to be there and ask how I was doing. It means a lot, thank you!
2. What are the couple of big things you’ll be tackling next week? We did a lot of work, this week, on how to lead teams through change. We learned some great methods and one, in particular, was using Appreciative Inquiry. My co-worker and I were also able to lead our team through some coaching concepts. This was a great way for me to learn more about coaching and to work on my speaking and facilitation skills. Learning by doing! So I’m going to work on applying some of the learnings with my client groups. I also need to get a hair cut and get the emissions checked in my car before I can renew my plates.
3. Any good ‘wins’ from last week you feel proud of – no matter how big or small? I ran 2 of the 3 mornings while on the road. The weather was perfect and I was able to get outdoors. I also took another yoga class. I have taken several and I really enjoy it and am looking forward to continuing my practice. I also got some great news about some things I’ve been working toward on my personal development and I’m looking forward to sharing more of that in the next few weeks!
4. Do you need any support / help from me with anything you expect to tackle next week? Have any of you ever done a time priority analysis? I’m working with a group to determine where they are spending their time. I’m trying to help them become more efficient and clear some of the their current activities so they can work on those that make an impact. Ideally, this would be like a time reporting tool. I’m sure there are many out there and I’d love some recommendations.
5. How’s your bandwidth? (1 being I don’t have time to eat and 10 being I have nothing to do)? 3. After being away from home and work for most of the week, I have some catching up to do. While I love spending time with my team, I don’t like being away from my family for extended periods of time.
What are some things you are working on and how can I help you?